Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.

ADPL AGM 2023/24

Last updated on 9 months ago
F
FCBashSuper Admin
Posted 10 months ago
ADPL AGM 2023/24

We are hosting our AGM on Thursday 27th July 2023, starting at 7.30pm. The venue is the Royal British Legion - Upstairs Hall.

Any AGM proposals should be made in writing and submitted to any member of the Committee a full seven days in advance of the date of the meeting. Just to be clear, the latest a proposal can be received and considered for discussion is 7.30pm on Thursday 20th July 2023.

Proposals will be collated then posted onto the ADPL Website and Facebook Page in advance of the meeting to ensure the members can discuss the proposals before deciding on how to vote.

Regards,
Michael
F
FCBashSuper Admin
Posted 9 months ago
Proposals received for this years AGM are outlined below:-

6.1 Proposal 1 – Singles and Doubles Entry Fees

I propose that the entry fee’s for both the ADPL Singles and Doubles is raised. The existing level of fee for entry is outdated and should be increased. I propose that the entry fee for the ADPL Singles is raised to £5 per player. I also propose that the ADPL Double is raised to £10 per double, therefore £5 per player.

Michael Bastow

6.2 Proposal 2 – Doubles Proposal

I propose that the league moves back to our old format for doubles, ie not Scotch doubles. Although the Scotch doubles has been enjoyed by some players, I believe it is causing matches to take far longer to play and has given no real improvements to the game overall. Therefore I believe we should revert back to our normal/previous format.

Scott MacEwan

6.3 Proposal 3 – Doubles Format

To be played in a one day event at Shotz. All 9 tables in venue to be used, all entries split into 9 groups, a short race if required best of (3) in group games, 9 group winners and 7 best runner ups through to last 16 then straight knockout races best of (5).

10 AM Start, £10 entry per doubles team, Trophy Presentation

Proposed month February 2024 date to be confirmed, I have spoke to Marc Fleming and he thinks this is event could be done in one day (maybe think of shot clock but short races in groups this might not be required may depend on entry numbers)
Reasons for trying this event instead of our traditional yearly Arbroath Doubles Competition
1 - Only 43 entries last season even then few no shows in first couple of rounds and realistically numbers more like 35
2- I think the Tuesday/ Wednesday night pool after new year break doesn’t help the entry numbers with the Arbroath Singles having more interest and enthusiasm at this time of year.
3 - Player’s work and life commitments can affect numbers due to not being able to play on the dates allocated for each midweek round so they don’t enter competition.
4 - Would take the doubles final out of finals day, as recently this has held up proceedings
5 - I think we could have better entry numbers than last season and if a success we could make this day event a yearly competition.

Kind Regards
Brian Craig

6.4 Proposal 4 – 7.30pm Start Time

I propose for your consideration that league matches start from 7:30pm on Tuesday nights. I believe that the extra half hour would reduce so many late nights due to slow play and close matches. I would keep the final sign-in time as 9pm.

Danny Ford

6.5 Proposal 5 – Division 1 and Division 2 Singles

I propose for your consideration that if we start the season with two divisions, the league should run separate singles events. We can host the two finals on the Friday night before finals day.

Danny Ford

6.6 Proposal 6 – Division 1 and Division 2 Cups

I propose for consideration that we see the return of the Division 1 and Division 2 cups, i feel that Arbroath has been missing these completions the last few years and would benefit from bringing them back. Potentially change format to two sets of singles as a trial. The league could host both finals on the Tuesday prior to finals weekend.

Danny Ford

6.7 Proposal 7 – Presentation Night

I propose for your consideration that the ADPL host a separate presentation night in the summer after pool has finished. Any money, winnings and trophies can be handed out then and not after each tournament.
Taking away the presentation from end of finals day would also mean more people can be in attendance for the prizes being given out and less trophies being left behind. It would also mean that finals day should finish earlier as a result.

Danny Ford
F
FCBashSuper Admin
Posted 9 months ago
The minutes from last night's meeting can be viewed using the link below:-

https://tinyurl.com/399k639k

If anyone in attendance has any comments/amendments, please contact me to let me know.

Regards,
Bash
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.
FCBash6 months ago#43
Weeks 5 & 6 updates complete Like
FCBash7 months ago#42
Week 4 results and tables updated Like
FCBash7 months ago#41
Week 3 results and tables updated Like
FCBash7 months ago#40
Week 2 update complete Like
FCBash7 months ago#39
Week 1 done and dusted, results and league tables updated Like
MSeaShore11 months ago#38
MON THE SHOTZ! CHAMPIONES CHAMPIONES OLE OLE OLE!

🏆

AV IT!
FCBash1 year ago#37
Week 25 update complete....Like
FCBash1 year ago#36
Week 24 update almost done....
FCBash1 year ago#35
Week 21 update complete
FCBash1 year ago#34
Week 19 update complete Like